Use your construction skills to make an impact that transforms lives by helping low-income families and individuals realize their dream of owning a home.
The Lead Carpenter assists in the production and maintenance of affordable housing consistent with the mission of HONK. He/she is involved in tasks and has responsibilities beyond technical aspects of a project including communication. The success of a project during the production stage is the primary responsibility of the Lead Carpenter.
Duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
Serves as Lead Carpenter on HONK renovations and new builds as assigned; develops projects with the Construction Manager and executes independently; identifies required supporting trades; has responsibilities for and oversight of subcontractors, volunteers, and jobsite HONK staff; identifies and acquires needed materials; manages the job site, scheduling and safety issues; and, is responsible for quality control, use of best practices, and adherence to building codes. The employee under this position description is also assigned the duties of HONK Safety Officer and responsible for implementing safety guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- minimum of 5 years experience in the practices, methods, tools, and materials of the residential construction trade
- understanding of applicable residential building codes
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- ability to lead, instruct, and work effectively with staff, volunteers and contractors
- demonstrated ability to perform high quality workmanship in a timely manner
- valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance required
- To support HONK objectives, principles, and values
- To interact effectively with HONK staff and volunteers
- To adhere to HONK policies and procedures
- To act in a professional manner
- To suggest ways to improve organizational success
Must be able to provide references and pass a background check.
This position is full-time
$16 – $21/hr
Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off
Retirement Plan Available
Send resume or detailed experience with availability, salary requirements and contact info. to David Hastings at Housing Opportunities of Northern Kentucky (HONK), 502 Fry Street, Covington 41011 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download this position description
Additional program info can be found at www.honkhomes.org