Make an impact that transforms lives by helping low-income families & individuals realize their dream of owning a home. Housing Opportunities of Northern Kentucky (HONK) has a full-time paid Construction Assistant opening. HONK is a faith-based non-profit organization with 25+ years’ experience building & rehabbing homes to create affordable homeownership opportunities.
Download the position description here.
The Construction Assistant I supports the Construction Manager in the production of affordable housing consistent with the mission statement of HONK.
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
Provides direct assistance to the Construction Manager at the project level often serving as project lead; in consultation with the Construction Manager determines most feasible and cost effective approaches to obtain desired project outcomes; applies carpentry and construction skills in a hands-on approach toward the construction of new houses and renovation of existing houses; works collaboratively with other HONK construction staff and volunteers providing task specific oversight and/or direction as needed; plans task level work activities for volunteers supporting Construction Assistant’s project assignment; provides support and assistance to other construction staff as requested or assigned; works with minimal supervision in the completion of assigned tasks; works diligently to achieve the mission of HONK exercising the highest moral and ethical practices as a representative of HONK and its faith-based foundation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Basic understanding of most often applied construction techniques
- Carpentry skills with emphasis on finish work
- Ability to plan at the project level
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Ability to perform good workmanship in a timely manner
- Must be able to lift at least 80 lbs
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance required
- Support HONK objectives, principles, and values
- Interact effectively with HONK staff and volunteers
- Adhere to HONK policies and procedures
- Act in a professional manner
- Suggest ways to improve organizational success
Must be able to provide references and pass a background check.
This position is full-time during the week with flexible Saturdays as needed.
$17/hr – $19/hr DOE
Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off with Retirement Plan Available
Send resume or
detailed experience with availability and contact info. to David Hastings at
Housing Opportunities of Northern Kentucky (HONK), 502 Fry Street, Covington
41011 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Additional
program info can be found at www.honkhomes.org